Jessy Mejia, Assistant Director
Governor's Commission on Caribbean Affairs
301 West Preston Street, Suite 1500
Baltimore, MD 21201
1-800-735-2258 (Maryland Relay)
On June 7, 2012, Governor Martin O'Malley signed the Executive Order to create the Governor's Commission on Caribbean Affairs. The Commission was created to address the need for State agencies to respond effectively to the needs and concerns of Caribbeans in Maryland.
The Commission was appointed by the Governor and his administration in order to address the issues facing the Caribbean community at the highest level of the Executive Branch of Maryland State Government.
For a complete list of Commissioners, Click Here!
While a Caribbean country may not be represented by a particular Commisisoner, the Caribbean Commission represents the views and interests of all Caribbean Marylanders.
To view the PDF of the Commission's Executive Order, Click Here!
- 2011: Maryland Commission on Indian Affairs
- 2011: Maryland Commission on African American History and Culture
- 2011: Governor's Commission on African Affairs (Executive Summary)
- 2011: Governor's Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs
- 2011: Governor's Commission on Middle Eastern Affairs (Executive Summary)
- 2011: Governor's Commission on Hispanic Affairs (Executive Summary)